Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

An update. I probably flatter myself to think that people are wondering why I haven't been writing as much and really miss the fascinating things I have to say.

Well.

I had a transition point where I had come to think of myself as homemaker rather than unemployed. I have a whole lot I could say on that subject, but I'll save it for another post and hopefully soon. I had detached with love from my kitchen job while still maintaining a decent connection with the nursing home. Some Fridays I provide entertainment during happy hour by singing karaoke. Oh, yeah. That'll be another post.

ANYWAY - we hadn't experienced financial armegeddon with the loss of my paycheck and I was gettin' in a groove around the house. Mind you my homemaking skills are somewhat questionable, or at the least uneven. I think I can manage keeping things to a dull roar but am in no danger of being featured in Better Homes and Gardens, ya know? I tend to go for lived-in and functional. OK. Yet another post on that one.

But I was getting some stuff done, getting on Facebook, starting this blog looking forward to what lay ahead. I'd pretty much decided on going back to school and eventually working towards the masters, probably social work with a geriatric specialty (predicated on my conquering my phobia of statistics). Anyway. We all know what happens when we think we have a plan.

I guess it all came down to money.

No comments:

Post a Comment