Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No Man is an Island...He's a Peninsula

I stole that from The Jefferson Airplane, "A Small Package of Value Will Come to You, Shortly," track 2 on After Bathing at Baxter's.

This is a sequel to "I am a Rock." (Hint: Reading it will make the following make a lot more sense!) I'm here to attest that there are such things as happy endings.

I wrote "Rock" because I was obsessing over that fact that a friend had owned up to keeping distance between us.  And now, as they say, for the rest of the story.

What happened next was that we e-mailed.  And we talked.  And we e-mailed some more.  She told me how she honestly felt and I did some much-needed soul searching.  We both did some apologizing, and I can truly say that I understand why she felt the need to pull away and have no problem with that.

And it felt like old times, in a way, because we are so comfortable with each other.  We can still laugh and chatter.  Our friendship is not broken.  It's better.

I'm not a rock. I'm not an island!

No comments:

Post a Comment